Medical Biller/Coder - Trusted Nurse Staffing
Trusted Nurse Staffing, LLC is seeking to employ a medical coder who is ambitious, can communicate effectively and looking for a long-term career opportunity with our fast-growing home health division. We offer a competitive salary and flexible work schedule.
Title: Medical Biller/Coder
Reports to: Vice President of Finance
Salary: To be determined depending upon prior experience
Employment Status: Full-time
POSITION DESCRIPTION, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The position will entail weekly billing for the home health program with administrative organization for all claims billed.
- Assign and sequence all codes for services render to the company s consumers.
- Collaborate with the company billing department to ensure all bills are paid in a timely manner.
- Conduct audits and coding reviews as requested by the company to ensure all documentation is accurate and precise.
- Communicate with insurance companies concerning coding errors and disputes, if necessary.
- Comply with all legal requirements regarding coding procedures and practices.
- Administrative organizing and filing for all claims transmitted.
- Interacting with Medical and Non-Medical Caregivers to ensure accuracy.
- Other duties, as may be assigned.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Experience working with a computer with internet connection.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Managing detailed, specifically-coded information
- Maintaining patient confidentiality and information security
- Excellent typing and 10-key speed and accuracy.
- Familiarity with ICD-10 codes and procedures.
- Detail oriented, accurate and organized.
- Able to multi task and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Superior mathematical skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Associate Program Graduate or Bachelor s Degree in HealthCare Information Management or HealthCare Administration is preferred.
- 1+ years of experience with home health billing and coding.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and home health programs.
- High school or equivalent
- Medical Billing: 1 year
- Billing/Coding Certification